Owen & Babbage
Why do performance management?
- Promote strategic alignment between the individual and the organization
- Facilitate decisions about employees when it comes to career management (see our link: career management), reward management, among others
- Provide expectations management between the employee and the company, as they know what is expected of them and what the follow-up is
- Gather and apply information about talents and training needs (see our training here)
- Is a way to assess the predictive effectiveness of Recruitment and Selection
How to make performance management effective?
- Clear relationship between the performance of the role and the impact of the results of that same role
- The system must be able to differentiate between good and bad performance
- The employee must receive a fair classification regardless of the evaluator
- Those involved in performance management have to trust the process otherwise there may be problems with perception of fairness
- All employees must understand the performance management system